Alan

Blair Witch Project

Post by Alan »

Oh noooooo!

Another 5 years of Blair! :cry:
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Yeah, i was kinda hoping he'd be voted out :-/

However according to the Gazette, labour votes were down by a considerable ammount compaired to the percentage of last year

Maybe it'll help him get his act together
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> > Another 5 years of Blair!
> Yeah, i was kinda hoping he'd be voted out :-/

Yes, but (just as in German politics), what would have been the alternatives then? If you don't like Tony Blair, you probably don't like Michael Howard either, do you? And about Charles Kennedy, I only heard that he forgot what he wanted to say about his taxes program at a press conference (admittedly because he was still a bit confused by the birth of his son). (But then, due to the british election regulations, he won't have a real chance either...)

So what about Gordon Brown? I heard that he would follow Blair as the prime minister before the five years are over. So it seems that you don't have to live another five years with him... ;-)

(As mentioned, we have the same problem in Germany -- a bad government, and no real alternatives that would make anything better... :-/ )
bojster

Post by bojster »

I guess it's pretty much the same everywhere - the only alternative is to start paying parasites from the other side of the fence... Or maybe the world is just so broken, than nobody can fix it any more?
Alan

Post by Alan »

>what would have been the alternatives then?

Well I did vote Liberal, not for Kennedy or any of their polices but simply just to get rid of Labour. As for Michael Howard, he's a two faced snake.....bad ideas about immigrants (and he was one himself btw)..I was waiting for him to give his "rivers of blood" speech, but he didn't.

But I realised, most people won't vote for the Lib dems because of fear! Fear that if they did they would waste their vote, the Lib dems wouldn't get into power and the Conservatives would......so they "safe vote" Labour.

I'll never forgive Blair for Iraq and for being Bush's puppet so I'll vote for anything.

Oddly enough we had a program on last year called "100 worst Brittons" (where the people vote), and Blair won it.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Well I did vote Liberal, not for Kennedy or any of their polices but simply
> just to get rid of Labour.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean... In two weeks, we have elections, too, here in North-Rhine-Westphalia, in the north-west of Germany, where I live. (It's "only" for the local federal state parliament, but as it's Germany's biggest federal state (relating to population), it is generally considered important in the face of the upcoming elections of the German Bundestag in 2006.) I have the great choice between two big parties I don't like... :-(
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

bojster wrote:I guess it's pretty much the same everywhere - the only alternative is to start paying parasites from the other side of the fence... Or maybe the world is just so broken, than nobody can fix it any more?
Indeed it's the same everywhere, "What's worst, pest or cholera?" is a commonly used (at least Swedish) saying about this. A classmate actually did a schoolproject about what actually was worst. So if your choice is between pest or cholera, I recommend the cholera...

And to quote a friend, "The world is wrong but it's the only one we have".

I know (almost) exactly what I will vote in the next election here in Sweden, and I've not chosen that because it's the best option - just the least worst one.