AFK :-)

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Holger
Site Admin

AFK :-)

Post by Holger »

Hi! Just that you don't wonder why I won't answer for the next days -- I'm away for some vacations (skiing)!

So please stand by for my answers to your posts, the next pre-release and the upcoming new contributions package! :-)
Zomis

Re: AFK :-)

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:So please stand by for (...) the upcoming new contributions package! :-)
I thought we've already have stood by for a looong time for that one...:)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

... and back! :-)

> I thought we've already have stood by for a looong time for that one...

Well, although I never wrote "hold your breath" about it, I must admit that the release was indeed planned for the last week of the year 2004, which I then used to have a flu. :-( But besides that, I have now seen that it's a lot more work to assemble it than expected (really many new stuff), and I don't want to skip some parts for now just to release it quicker, because those people who have contributed it won't be happy, of course. The main problems are graphical dependencies to non-"standard" artwork sets (so the referred name can change, resulting in wrong graphics) and also redundant graphics (which would make the new contributions package very large).

Looks like I'm "back on topic" now -- I suggest to continue this thread with a better topic/subject in the "Game, Level and Graphic Designers" section now... ;-)