As I see...

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Someone

As I see...

Post by Someone »

As I see next R'n'D version will never come. Also looks that forum is comehow dead. :(
someone

Post by someone »

*comehow -> somehow
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Ah, hello :) (Yes, I see who you are).
Nonono, the next RND will come soon. Holger hoped he could release it before 2005 I think. Or else, it will surely come in January or Febuary.
Be paitent ;)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Yeah, the nev version, with an EM-compatible engine should be out in a few days! :-)
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

Who needs new EM-engines ? We need better RnD-Engines !!

It´s the CEs that are making fun !!

For al which finds grammatical problemm, pleze report them imm3adatlz HERE ! ;)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Actually, all I really want is a 100%-compatible Supaplex engine.
someone

Post by someone »

Do you remember how often other R'n'D versions came?
look there and see when these was released:
http://www.artsoft.org/RELEASES/win32/rocksndiamonds/
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

a> As I see next R'n'D version will never come.

That's probably wrong.

z> Nonono, the next RND will come soon. Holger hoped he could release it before 2005 I think.
z> Or else, it will surely come in January or Febuary.
b> Yeah, the nev version, with an EM-compatible engine should be out in a few days! :-)

That's right.

r> Who needs new EM-engines ? We need better RnD-Engines !!
r> It´s the CEs that are making fun !!
b> Actually, all I really want is a 100%-compatible Supaplex engine.

Some like this, some like that. ;-)

a> Do you remember how often other R'n'D versions came?

Yeah, 2003 were a lot of pre-releases! :-)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

hello don shadow,

the main point in rnd is (from the beginning) to have a collection of those old games which don't work on our new PC's anymore, in one game. CE's are very nice, but are extra stuff. Why working on 'extra' stuff while the main aim is not completed yet (because the engines still have to be built in)?

And I agree with Bojster. I'm waiting on that supaplex engine, too (though the emerald mine/dx boulderdash engines are also very interesting...) and on the better converted sounds of supaplex... and on the indication so you can see when you have (partially/completely) finished a levelset...
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> the main point in rnd is (from the beginning) to have a collection of those old games which
> don't work on our new PC's anymore, in one game. CE's are very nice, but are extra stuff.
> Why working on 'extra' stuff while the main aim is not completed yet (because the engines still
> have to be built in)?

Perfectly right. Although I will probably add CE stuff every now and then (if I think that great things can be done with it), I'll focus more on the base engines in the near future to make more of the already available classic levels solvable.

> And I agree with Bojster. I'm waiting on that supaplex engine, too (though the emerald
> mine/dx boulderdash engines are also very interesting...)

The problem with the DX engine is that I currently don't have any compatible source code for it at the moment. But then, there are not that much levels for it available...

> and on the better converted sounds of supaplex...

Oh yes... There's quite a _lot_ of detail work that could be done. Thanks a lot for helping me out here with the re-converted sounds!

> and on the indication so you can see when you have (partially/completely) finished a
> levelset...

Thanks for mentioning this again! That's something I would also like to see in R'n'D. :-)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Holger wrote: > and on the indication so you can see when you have (partially/completely) finished a levelset...

Thanks for mentioning this again! That's something I would also like to see in R'n'D. :-)
You mean it still isn't implemented? :E
Audrius (someone)

Post by Audrius (someone) »

Holger wrote:Yeah, 2003 were a lot of pre-releases! :-)
Yeah...These good old days...
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

bojster wrote:
Holger wrote: > and on the indication so you can see when you have (partially/completely) finished a levelset...

You mean it still isn't implemented? :E
By the way: many additional levelsets don't have the right colour. You know, those colours (yellow = emerald mine, green = supaplex, green = contributions....)
That means the sort priority is set wrongly.
Now I'm talking about it, here's a list of the sort priorities for those who don't know (I tested it once):

100 - classic originals
200 - contributions
300 - private levels
400 - boulderdash
500 - emerald mine
600 - supaplex
700 - DX Boulderdash
800 - unknown level class

Because these colours are wrong in many levelsets (e.g. Richard's) I changed this all manually. I would like to provide this all on my new website which I mentioned before, but I don't have a host which allows such big files. I also put the levelsets (all which are linked to at the artsoft website plus heaviest graphics packs of them) in directories (maybe an idea for you... because otherwise it's a mess in the levels folder). These are my directories:

- Additional Classic Levels (Boulderdash (xbd etc), Supaplex (34.. levels), emerald mine club(many levelsets), dx boulderdash)
- Additional Player Levels (BD2K3, Richard, Earth Shaker etc.)
- Classic Games (the 4 classic games)
- Contributions
- Examples
- Modules (Secret Command)
- Multiplayer (MP Richard, Denmine 3 players)
- Projects (The projects I'm working on myself, like: Rockford in Boulderdash Worlds, Rockford in the Emerald Mines, Supaplex project...)
- Tutorials

ehm, to the point again... I ask Holger: think of these colours when you are going to build in that indication...

And something else... (this is really a chatting topic man!): Holger, is your e-mail address info@artsoft.org still active? I sent you 3 e-mails during the last weeks and none of them were replied... I namely have an update of my levelset ('Hard Training') for you before you are going to release it!!! and a fix of 2 sounds and in my latest e-mail I sent you better Supaplex graphics (better colours only, now it looks a bit greener and better and whether you are going to use them or not, I will use them myself because it is much cooler to play supaplex now.)
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> And something else... (this is really a chatting topic man!): Holger, is your e-mail address
> info@artsoft.org still active? I sent you 3 e-mails during the last weeks and none of them
> were replied...

Yes, it's still active, I received all three mails and I will still also reply to them. Sorry for the delay.
bojster

Post by bojster »

As for the levelset-completion indicator... I think it would be nice if there was a xx/yy format indicator somwehere when you are choosing the levelset - eg. when scrolling using the arrows (like 50/111 informing that the last played level is 50 and the set has 111 levels in total, just like it is shown when the levelset is already chosen). I know that the current font is too big for that, but maybe it could be shown somewhere in the 'door' section on the right? Just a thought.