Level files / ConfEdit

Discussion around programming R'n'D, its source code and its tools.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

The Rancid Dos Monks

Level files / ConfEdit

Post by The Rancid Dos Monks »

Hello there.

I got ConfEdit running. It is supposed to have a level viewer (viewer for .level files) in it, doesn't it? Only I can't find any way to get the level viewer running (LevelView.exe).

Can someone tell me how to get into that level viewer? Does it have map editing capabilities?

I programmed a level file reader in C# on Windows 10 but I am curious about ConfEdit's capabilities...
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Level files / ConfEdit

Post by Holger »

The problem is that these programs were written for Windows XP and are really old now. I got ConfEdit successfully running using the procedure as described on the "Tools" web page of the R'n'D web page, but did not get LevelView to run that way. It still complains with an error message "Run-time error '6': Overflow". (After that, it seems to hang in an endless loop.) :(

The supposed way to run it is double-clicking on a *.level file in the Explorer (and then chosing LevelView to open the file with it.)
The Rancid Dos Monks

Re: Level files / ConfEdit

Post by The Rancid Dos Monks »

I see. I got it running now from the command line giving it a level file. So it's purely a viewer. Seems it doesn't load the map size correctly, as RnD has changed over the years.

I will write my level file tool to have some functionality for map modifications.