Chess piece style movement

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

Chess piece style movement

Post by Darkon »

just a reminder so this doesnt get forgotten since i think it was a good idea ;-)

whenever the player takes a step, the CE also takes a step, i suppose this could be added as a movement speed rather than a custom movement method
bojster

Post by bojster »

I think it's a good idea, it would be then possible to make Daleks Attack-style levels or hard logical turn-based games ;-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

So with chess peice movement you don't mean things like 2 steps forward and one left, only diagonal, only non-diagonal, diagonal and non-diagonal, 2 or 1 steps forward, etc.? (which is how the real chess peices can move)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

actually the only reason i said chess is because i remembered someone saying that it would make it like a game of chess, you'd have to move carefully and think where to move next

since every step you take, the CE also takes 1 step depending on what movement style it has, so if it was move towards player, if you stepped forward, it would move 1 space closer to you

or if you set it to clockwize, it would move clockwize 1 space every time you took a step
bojster

Post by bojster »

Zomis wrote:So with chess peice movement you don't mean things like 2 steps forward and one left, only diagonal, only non-diagonal, diagonal and non-diagonal, 2 or 1 steps forward, etc.? (which is how the real chess peices can move)
:lol: