pre-release 3.2.0-3

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Ill upload something a little later to show it happen

*edit* ok, theres no need for me to upload a file, simply create a CE, give the first page a change function, can be anything then create a second page giving it a delay but make sure the *change to* box is unticked

the object will change to whatever object is in the *change to* box when the criteria on the second page is met... even though the object isnt set to change at all
_Darkon

Post by _Darkon »

Im guessing this is a problem with the delay setting mixed with the new CE actions, if you use anything else this is perfectally fine, however give it a delay and it changes regardless of it being set to change or not.
michael-1992

Post by michael-1992 »

When be version 3.20 ??
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

michael-1992 wrote:When be version 3.20 ??
Very soon, according to Holger's words... And then we can finally play the Emerald Mine Club levels! :D
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Now if this ain't a bug I don't know what is!!

Try this level: http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?f=161
Ok... did you try it in 3.1.1? If you did, try 3.2.0-3.
Or did you try it in 3.2.0-3? Now that's suspicious! Why does all those 9's appear? Try 3.1.1 for how it is supposed to look!
Where the bug is, I'm not quite sure... but it's got to be somewhere!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Change by page of has no effect if the specific page is only an action-page and not a change, I think it should have effect then too, because it's still the same CE-change-page!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> the object will change to whatever object is in the *change to* box when
> the criteria on the second page is met... even though the object isnt set
> to change at all

Sorry, "CE delay" and "CE action" was more or less completely not working yet. It should be fixed now -- an updated pre-release will be released and announced soon (probably tomorrow)!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Now if this ain't a bug I don't know what is!!
[...]
> Where the bug is, I'm not quite sure... but it's got to be somewhere!

Thanks a lot for reporting this problem -- this bug was caused by some code redesign which was needed for the new CE actions.

The problem was caused by invalid settings for the "player: [1/2/3/4/any]" selectbox; although it displays "1" for the 11 change pages of your 1st custom element ("10 counter -1"), it was really 0 (because of being created by an older R'n'D version). The next version will fix such invalid settings after loading the level.

Try manually setting all these settings to "any", save and restart the level, and it will work then.

Thanks again, this was a bigger flaw...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Change by page of has no effect if the specific page is only an
> action-page and not a change, I think it should have effect then too,
> because it's still the same CE-change-page!

Well, this condition should only be triggered in case of a CE change, but not for a CE action. But it would of course be possible to add a condition like "action by page of"...
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:> Change by page of has no effect if the specific page is only an
> action-page and not a change, I think it should have effect then too,
> because it's still the same CE-change-page!

Well, this condition should only be triggered in case of a CE change, but not for a CE action. But it would of course be possible to add a condition like "action by page of"...
why not merge those 2 as one? Since a change page either has change only, or change and action, or only action... the user knows which page is which, and he knows if there's an action on them or not, wouldn't it be much easier to let the "change by page of" include pages where there's only an action and not a change?
If you add an "action by page of" then the user will have to switch between "action by page of" and "change by page of", depending on how the CE-page is configured. Isn't it much easier (for the user) to let "change by page of" include actions as well? Or will this cause problem for you programming it maybe?