amoeba not turning to diamonds?

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

filbo

amoeba not turning to diamonds?

Post by filbo »

'EMC Emerald Dash 1' has several such levels; level 23 ('/usr/share/games/rocksndiamonds/levels/Emerald Mine Club/emc_emerald_dash_01/23s' on my system) is a fine example.

It has amoeba in an enclosed area. Level editor shows that it 'contains' diamond.

But when it grows to fill all available space, nothing happens.

Level editor > Info shows Game Engine = Emerald Mine. If I change it to Rocks'n'Diamonds, same thing happens, except amoeba grows like 50x as fast.

I know I've seen RnD turning amoeba into whatever-it-contains.

What's wrong with this level, as a data file? Some sort of wrong date stamp so it subscribes to the wrong ancient archived set of bugs?

(4.1.1.0 recent build)
Eizzoux

Re: amoeba not turning to diamonds?

Post by Eizzoux »

I just checked it. It is "Normal Amoeba" but not "Amoeba with Content" or "Amoeba (BD style)". This one, when barricades all the space, doesn't turn to diamonds, unlike BD amoeba and amoeba with content. But yeah, why is it here then if it can't be even completed without amoeba changing to diamonds. This level is unsolvable. The only was to solve it is by replacing that amoeba tile with amoeba with content in editor.
𒈟
filbo

Re: amoeba not turning to diamonds?

Post by filbo »

Well, I think the entire levelset is an ancient 'conversion' from who-knows-where, *to* the actual EMC engine on the Amiga, and then possibly re-converted into RnD-format levels. Or, anyway, some such history.

I'm sure it was at one point a playable level. It's been corrupted.

I thought I looked at all the amoeba-like items available in the editor for that level, and none seemed to work better. But maybe I got it wrong.