Co-op in RnD engine only cares if Player 1 reaches the exit

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

Co-op in RnD engine only cares if Player 1 reaches the exit

Post by ncrecc »

In the EM engine, both players have to make it to the exits for the level to be considered "won", and the level will not be winnable if either player dies. In the RnD engine, all players automatically win once player 1 reaches the exit, and the level will still be winnable if any player other than player 1 dies. (Also, player 1 is the only player who can cause EM doors to vanish in the RnD engine.)
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Co-op in RnD engine only cares if Player 1 reaches the exit

Post by Holger »

In the RnD engine, all players automatically win once player 1 reaches the exit, and the level will still be winnable if any player other than player 1 dies.
Yes, that's indeed a bit strange (and inconsistent) behaviour. In fact, I've already fixed/changed this in the current development version (together with all the network gaming stuff). If you would like to have a look, and check if it will work as it should in the next release version, it is available from either the Git repository or as a Windows executable from the development sub-directory.
(Also, player 1 is the only player who can cause EM doors to vanish in the RnD engine.)
How can this be reproduced? Just tested this, and as far as I can see, EM doors never vanish if any player enter it (which should probably also be changed).
ncrecc

Post by ncrecc »

Holger wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:24 pm
(Also, player 1 is the only player who can cause EM doors to vanish in the RnD engine.)
How can this be reproduced? Just tested this, and as far as I can see, EM doors never vanish if any player enter it (which should probably also be changed).
That's odd. That must be a problem with the new version, then, because it seems to work on 4.1.0.0:
(download the above level)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Oops! You are right! :oops:

Have to check this again...
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Wait, isn't that normal? I think it could be a feature for levels where game requires you to bring all players to one exit whatever exit this is. I think there's nothing wrong, in fact, it doesn't require the first player to go last, any player who enters exit last, closes it. Or it really isn't normal?
Honeycam 2018-10-03 10-28-36.gif
Honeycam 2018-10-03 10-28-36.gif (164.18 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Eizzoux, you're using the latest version with changed behaviour, while ncrecc used version 4.1.0.0.

The latest version works as it should, I think, while version 4.1.0.0 is buggy in this regard.

The only thing that could still be changed is that levels with two players and two exits (like in EM games) could/should make each exit disappear when entered by a player, while the current behaviour would only make one exit disappear (when the last player enters it).