Even mor bugs I found in R'n'D 4.1.0.0 and MM 3.0.0

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Even mor bugs I found in R'n'D 4.1.0.0 and MM 3.0.0

Post by Eizzoux »

Here's a new list of even more bugs I've found in the latest versions of R'n'D and MM:
  • Dropping a dynabomb with invincibility shield removes 1 dynabomb from the inventory (even though the "dynabomb count" on the panel still keeps the same number);
  • Turning off the fuse while the beam hits a kettle gives immunity from bombs explosions, pushing blocks, melting surprise balls and ice blocks and amoeba blocks growth;
  • Pushing the element (which has a gravity) right above the acid with no pushing delay can save it from falling in there;
    Pushing an object through the acid pool
    Pushing an object through the acid pool
    Honeycam 2018-07-31 23-51-38.gif (207.55 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
  • if any player will dig the sand (or grass) nearby other player, for some reason, makes the sand digging animation use wrong CRUMBLED border;
  • The "Unknown element" can appear if you point the beam off the gray ball while it's melting and also if you'll start pushing any custom element into the explosion zone right before explosion;
  • I think this one is pretty well known. While moving/digging/collecting/pushing, you can start holding snap button+[left/right]+[up/down] at the one time, and so that makes player run on place. Pushing animation also makes the pushed element kind of... duplicate;
    Running animation lock
    Running animation lock
    Honeycam 2018-07-31 23-46-29.gif (60.4 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
    Pushing animation lock
    Pushing animation lock
    Honeycam 2018-07-31 23-47-53.gif (59.23 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
  • There's a hyper small chance of somehow winning a sokoban level by only pushing any sokoban object into sokoban field. I can't really tell when that happens, but I was getting it long time ago in 3.3.0.1 several times, and then successfully forgot about it later, and then suddenly got it once again in 4.1.0.0;
  • Auto-count gems option kinda works with emeralds and diamonds, but it counts each diamond as 1 instead of 3. It also counts kettles and cells for R'n'D engine, but for now ignores infotrons, pearls, crystals and (I'm not sure should these be listed here) all wall with content (emeralds, diamonds, pearl and crystal);
  • If MM panel anims ("time_anim" and "health_anim") uses the same texture file as "graphic_X" or "editor.element_border(_input)", the MM panel anims gets stretched up in size, no idea why;
    Yeah, "time_anim" became very big
    Yeah, "time_anim" became very big
    shfowhoei.png (17.56 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
  • the ".align: center/right" attribute doesn't work properly for "main.text.level_number", at first it aligns to the middle/right side just as intended, but when you switch to next or previous level, it aligns to the left side back, but only visually;
  • The tape has some problems with speedrunning MM level, after you complete it with slow speed and using pause and snapshot very often, that makes the tape miss some mirror rotations, so it gets ruined;
  • This one is not a bug, just missing some customizations for these editor elements. "editor.element_border" and "editor.element_border_input" doesn't support ".tile_size". Will that be fixed in future updates?
𒈟
Eizzoux

(2) Even mor bugs I found in R'n'D 4.1.0.0 and MM 3.0.0

Post by Eizzoux »

Aaand here's even more:
  • Snapshot, pause and saving are messing the functionalities of pushable blocks, they can just me unpushable even if there's space available to move on;
    Honeycam 2018-08-01 12-13-44.gif
    Honeycam 2018-08-01 12-13-44.gif (55.95 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
  • Somehow I managed to crash R'n'D editor by clicking on next level button;
    jksdf.png
    jksdf.png (90.69 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
  • Accurate borders and Inner corners for CRUMBLED are not funtional in Emerald Mine engine, but that's not even the real reason why it's here. If you'll start pressing player focus button (F5/F6/F9), crumbling sand will be fixed, and by pressing player focus again resets the fix.
    Honeycam 2018-05-11 11-52-51.gif
    Honeycam 2018-05-11 11-52-51.gif (3.06 MiB) Viewed 3007 times
  • This one is not a bug, again. I just want to say the elements description needs some editing, because some sentenses are making no sense to be there. For example, all 9 keys have "...extra keys of a single color are only worth more points.", which doesn't work for White keys, because the more white key you collect, more times you can pass through white gates. Or the EM-style dynamites has "...dynamite caught in an explosion will explode itself!". Again, it's not true (same thing for active EM style dynamite), if you'll try to destroy it by any other explosive, it will be just... destroyed, but it won't start or continue the "explosive chain reaction". And yet another example, pearls has in standard properties a row "- can smash player", but if we'll take a look into description... "...at least you won't get crushed by it..." - I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYBODY, LIES EVERYWHERE! Sorry :D
𒈟
Eizzoux

(3) Even more bugs I found in R'n'D 4.1.0.0 and MM 3.0.0

Post by Eizzoux »

I found one more bug that... It doesn't even make any sense! Reflective walls from Deflektor are acting like reflective walls from Mindbender. What?
I don't even know...
I don't even know...
mm_aaaaaaaaaaa.png (16.83 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Even mor bugs I found in R'n'D 4.1.0.0 and MM 3.0.0

Post by Holger »

if any player will dig the sand (or grass) nearby other player, for some reason, makes the sand digging animation use wrong CRUMBLED border;
This should be fixed now (in the Git repo).

BTW: It would make it easier to have a dedicated topic for each bug to track them individually (although I know that this would give quite a number of topics in this case)...