Contributions 2004 - Negundo - The Planet Adenture - loading error

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

MateFizyChem

Contributions 2004 - Negundo - The Planet Adenture - loading error

Post by MateFizyChem »

While loading the level set, an error shows up(look at the attachement).

Stderr.txt says:

Code: Select all

rocksndiamonds-bin: warning: configuration file '/home/matefizychem/.rocksndiamonds/levelsetup.conf' is empty
rocksndiamonds-bin: warning: cannot open configuration file '/home/matefizychem/.rocksndiamonds/editorsetup.conf'
(I hope I chose the right subforum.)

UPDATE: Turning overriding level graphics on is a temporary fix to the problem, however broken graphics are still broken graphics and should be fixed.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180430_180156.png
Screenshot_20180430_180156.png (73.82 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
Last edited by MateFizyChem on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BryanFRitt

Re: Contributions 2004 - Negundo - The Planet Adenture - loading error

Post by BryanFRitt »

I get the same error message from this level set followed by Rocks'n'Dimonds closing, and this level set isn't remembered as the last level set played.

Code: Select all

cat ./.rocksndiamonds/stderr.txt
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rocksndiamonds: warning: unknown token(s) found in config file:
rocksndiamonds: - config file: '/home/bryan/.rocksndiamonds/levels/Contributions/Contributions_2004/rnd_rado_negundo_v/graphics/graphicsinfo.conf'
rocksndiamonds: - dynamic token: 'bd_magic_wall_emptying'
rocksndiamonds: fatal error: IMG_Load() failed: bytes per line is too large (corrupt?)
rocksndiamonds: aborting
Attachments
rocksndiamonds - fatal error - IMG_Load failed bytes per line is too large - corrupt.png
rocksndiamonds - fatal error - IMG_Load failed bytes per line is too large - corrupt.png (4.42 KiB) Viewed 2829 times
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
MateFizyChem

Post by MateFizyChem »

BryanFRitt wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:19 pmthis level set isn't remembered as the last level set played.
I have just found out that this is not true. It is actually remembered, but one of the two situations happens:
1. If you close the window with the error using the close button, the game will try to load the level set next time you open RnD.
2. If you press any key or click on the window, the "last level series" setting will be turned into a comment(a hash will be put before the setting), which decativates it, and the following gets written in levelsetup.conf:
# the following level set may have caused a problem and was deactivated
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

I didn't find out how to fix that but I found out that all Rocks~.pcx are smaller than the current version's one because of updates adding some new elements and game sprites. I tried to resize them to match sizes of current pictures and... nothing happened, still crashes the game so I still have no idea what causes this to happen.
BryanFRitt wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:19 pm -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rocksndiamonds: warning: unknown token(s) found in config file:
rocksndiamonds: - config file: '/home/bryan/.rocksndiamonds/levels/Contributions/Contributions_2004/rnd_rado_negundo_v/graphics/graphicsinfo.conf'
rocksndiamonds: - dynamic token: 'bd_magic_wall_emptying'
But this one is simple, it doesn't involve the crash, but still, it's just author's little error. You can open 'grphicsinfo.conf', find 'bd_magic_wall_emptying:' and change to 'bd_magic_wall.emptying:'.
𒈟