Post by BryanFRitt »

UPDATE: SOLVED!
SETUP -> GAME & MENU -> AUTO-RECORD TAPES: ON
<-- This needs to be set to ON.

don't know how mine got set to off

--- Original description below --

When I try to save tapes I'm now getting this error message:
"NO TAPE THAT CAN BE SAVED!"
At first I thought maybe it was a 'feature' of the level(like the level author could design it this way to prevent saves), but now I'm thinking it's not. I've never seen this message before today, but now it seams to be happening with all levels that I've never saved on before, and it didn't save my last level completion tape. (or maybe I'm just unlucky today?) I have ample free space on my partitions. No new tapes are being made.

... guess this means I've played too much?

ls -alR ~/.rocksndiamonds | egrep ^d | grep -v "$USER $USER"
is blank (~/.rocksndiamonds directories belong to me)

ls -alR ~/.rocksndiamonds | egrep ^d | egrep -v ^drwx
is blank (~/.rocksndiamonds directories are read/write/execute to me)

ls -Al ~ | grep .rocksndiamonds
has 'drwxr-xr-x' as ~/.rocksndiamonds permissions (so it's read/write/execute to me)

I've tried moving the tapes to a directory outside of ~/.rocksndiamonds, making a new empty ~/.rocksndiamonds/tapes and then restarting rocksndiamonds, but the error still occurs.
I've tried older versions of rocksndiamonds, but that didn't help either.

High scores still seem to be saved.

(2^15) − 1 = 32767
Attachments
RocksNDiamonds-NO_TAPE_THAT_CAN_BE_SAVED.png
RocksNDiamonds-NO_TAPE_THAT_CAN_BE_SAVED.png (829 Bytes) Viewed 1917 times
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
BryanFRitt

Re: [SOLVED] "NO TAPE THAT CAN BE SAVED!"

Post by BryanFRitt »

Is there an advantage to having this OFF? (besides, OFF just for less computer processing, and an added challenge?)
SETUP -> GAME & MENU -> AUTO-RECORD TAPES: ___

If I have it OFF and then press record, the level starts over. It's not possible to start recording in the middle of a game play.
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.