4.0.1.1 - level select in levelset by listing loads longer the more levels are in a levelset

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

RAP

4.0.1.1 - level select in levelset by listing loads longer the more levels are in a levelset

Post by RAP »

Title is self-explanatory! I'm not sure when this feature was introduced, but it's handy on picking out levels in the levelset by name. I stumbled across this bug when I was increasing the amount of levels I will make from 100 to 999 on editing that levelinfo.conf file, when I accidentally clicked on the number between the two outward arrows. It certainly took longer to load than say an Emerald Mine Club levelset that's just 80 levels!

Something odd to me is that that levels 1-100 (mostly) are created and saved, and the rest are empty levels that don't have a level file. I guess the program is fetching all of the names of those levels in a linear fashion as it detects them (as fast as possible?)? I suppose that would explain why the game would fetch the level data on demand when you change the level number in the levelset normally, instead of caching (however, that means you can as a nice convenience, swap levels freely and that the game won't freak out that the level was suddenly changed, as I only done that the level that's swapped is not the current level number in the main menu).

This bug also occurred in version 4.0.0.0 to indicate that it was present before (most likely when this level select by listing feature was introduced).