emeralds in main menu

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Martijn

emeralds in main menu

Post by Martijn »

This may be too rigorous to be called a bug, but it's something which has to be reported!
I'm talking about the menu at the right side of the screen. "Emeralds" is displayed there. Why don't you change it into "Gems"? Because there are more gems than emeralds in the game, like infotrons, diamonds, pearls etc.!

The same with dynamite, because it can also be a red disk (supaplex).
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
bojster

Post by bojster »

First, it's 'emeralds' beacuse 1 emerald is a basic 'unit' for EM. Diamonds, pearls and others are worth n emeralds, so it's no use listing them separately. And about it beinbg emeralds.dynamites in Supaplex? Well, Supaplex was simply implemented later and it's just a matter of agreement, since we all know that infotrons are eqivalent of emeralds and red disks equal dynamites... But I hope there will be different side panels at some point in the future, whan each game will have it's own engine.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> But I hope there will be different side panels at some point in the future, whan each game will
> have it's own engine.

Hey, this is a good idea which can easily be done with the current 3.1.0 functionality -- just create a "Supaplex style" side panel and define it to be used by all Supaplex level sets. :-)
Grunt002

Post by Grunt002 »

*idea*
There could be a setting that will let you change parts of the mainmenu...
or just replace graphics-

Actually I ment cha-
ARGH!!! whatever... younkwo what I mean. :roll:
YOU LIKE MY SIGNATURE DON'T YOU?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

At least replacing and redefining the main menu (like text positions) can already be done to a great extent, as can be seen by Juergen Bonhagen's level sets. You just need to make the right modifications for your level set, where the existing ones (from Juergen, Alan, ...) are good examples to start with.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Yes, I can change it, but I meant it as an improvement of RnD. But bojster may be right and it's already fine.

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Yes, I can change it, but I meant it as an improvement of RnD. But bojster may be right and
> it's already fine.

At least the "different side panels idea" is worth implementing (by creating a Supaplex specific side panel and define it to be used by all Supaplex style levels).
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

well, the original supaplex has its own sidepanel, so we could create something similar in RnD! In any case, it must stay similar to the classics!