Emerald Mine Design

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

dave

Emerald Mine Design

Post by dave »

rtadash wrote:The RnD engine was NOT designed to play Emerald Mine levels! viewtopic.php?p=12643#12643
I'll let holger answer this one
holger wrote:I tried to get enough compatibility to play at least the 101 original Emerald Mine levels viewtopic.php?p=11777#11777
holger wrote:So "Emerald Mine for X11" is also based on a disassembly of the original Kingsoft engine code? I assumed this, but wasn't sure. viewtopic.php?p=12632#12632
how would you know? what code have i used from the original kingsoft program? have you seen the original kingsoft program? post it for everyone to see which parts i used.
holger wrote:The native EMC engine ... is still highly compatible with the original EM/EMC game engines on the Amiga and far away from being "broken". viewtopic.php?p=12628#12628
the original unmodified software was fine. who said it was broken? the only thing broken in it is the changes you made to it. what made you think you could improve it after looking at it for five minutes?

the original code was correct, then you changed it to something different, which makes it incorrect, even if you believe otherwise.

you fix imaginary bugs ... why dont you fix the real bugs?
acid viewtopic.php?t=1993
explosions viewtopic.php?t=1862
wrap around viewtopic.php?t=1118