Acid

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I have witnessed Dragons eating Acid in various other levels

Yes, the Dragons are a bit buggy since some versions. I have to fix their behaviour a bit...
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

speaking of acid, you forgot to enable acid *spilling* in which it changes into acid sand when it doesnt have a basin (only at the sides though)

Post by Guest »

Greetings Holger and Darkon

Thank you for your input.

Pray tell me please ???

Where is the enable spilling do dah

Regards
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> speaking of acid, you forgot to enable acid *spilling* in which it changes into acid sand when it
> doesnt have a basin (only at the sides though)

Hmm, this one is new to me -- can you describe it in more detail, please?

(So when the left and/or right part of the acid basin is missing, the acid changes to "acid sand", is this right? Are only the first tile on the left/right affected, or all acid tiles?)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

it only seems to be the ones on the very edges of the acid basin
@= solid sides (or acid basin)
O=acid
#=acid sand

@OOO@

sides removed
V

#O#

as you can see, if the acid basin was removed from the sides, the 1st pieces of acid would change into acid sand, the bottom of the basin doesnt seem to effect it
also, the effect only happens during level start, so if the sides of a basin were broken during the level, the effect wouldnt happen, it only happens if they were ALREADY broken when the level starts

*edit- ugh, i just tried to start up the emerald mines editor to test to see if i was 100% correct however it decided it didnt want to work -_- im pretty sure it works exactally how i described though*

and actually holger, im pretty sure i mentioned this before, was quite a while ago now though :-p
Last edited by Darkon on Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Thanks for describing this in detail (again). Sorry if you already told me that before! :-)
lonesomekiwi

Post by lonesomekiwi »

hello Holger

So after reading that explanation about Acid turning to Sand, which would be great if it worked.

Do you think that it might be working in the next round of Bug Fixes and also displayed somehow for us amateurs to be able to understand.

I am absolutely hooked on this game and play the levels everyday when the Boss is not peering at me from his Office window

LOL

Smiling and winking

Lonesomekiwi
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> So after reading that explanation about Acid turning to Sand, which would be great if it worked.

When I think about that: Does anybody have an example level (set) where this occurs?

I mean, can somebody name a classic EMC disk (and level) which uses this behaviour? This would be great for fixing this bug, as I then would be able to have a look at the original disk on the Amiga, and make sure that it is implemented the same in the new EMC engine in R'n'D!

Maybe Darkon? On which level set and level did you notice this problem/misbehaviour?

> Do you think that it might be working in the next round of Bug Fixes and also displayed
> somehow for us amateurs to be able to understand.

If I found an original level to compare this with, I think it should be fixed soon, yes.

> I am absolutely hooked on this game and play the levels everyday when the Boss is not
> peering at me from his Office window

;-)

Then you will get a lot of new stuff (levels) to play around with, soon! And with all the classic Amiga graphics, too! (But you can still choose to use either the new high-resolution R'n'D graphics for playing them or the low-resolution, original Amiga graphics which let them look 100% like in the old times... :-) )

Post by Guest »

oh --- YUMMY----- Holger

Kiwi language that means----absolutely marvellous, can't wait