Singlestep Tape Corruption

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Rockford4ever

Singlestep Tape Corruption

Post by Rockford4ever »

Hey.

For some reason, whenever I record a video in singlestep and make a movent like this:

snap, step, snap, step...

All the snaps aren't recognized when playing the tape, even though they were while playing the game. It's hard to prove this, but I'll try recording this with HyperCam once.
Current project:
Nope.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I have tried to reproduce this with both the official 3.2.4 and the last pre-release version "rnd-20071031", but wasn't able to -- all worked as it should for me.

Did you do anything special? I just started with an empty level, activated single-step mode and started to snap right, move down, snap right, move down and so on. (To activate single step mode, press the leftmost button on the tape recorder while recording (which is the "eject" button then the tape is stopped).)

Can anybody else confirm the bug Rockford4ever noticed? What do I have to do to reproduce this behaviour?
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

Well, I don't know how to exactly reproduce it, but I'll try to later.
Try the same thing with Ultra-Fast speed, maybe? It also occurs on normal speed, but I think it will do it more on Ultra-Fast. I most oftenly have this problem when I record a single-step tape for 4 in a Row (Puzzle levelset).
Current project:
Nope.