RND 3.2.4 (and not only)

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

m&m

RND 3.2.4 (and not only)

Post by m&m »

Excuse me for not putting my suggestions in order but I hope they are good :).

Here are my suggestions about RND v3.2.4 (and not only):

- the white key hasn't got the option: score for collecting
- it would be nice if in the right sidebar was the category: white keys (I know that there is no more place available, that's why I've got an idea: Holger, delete texts (like: emeralds, time, score). Small pictures are enough (e.g. for 'needed gems to complete level' - emerald). Maybe there could be status for keys 5-8 too?
- in DC2: all Yam Yams direction are going up at start. in RND with DC2 support: all Yam Yams direction are going... random!
- 9 elements are missing: wall (not round), steel (not round), dynamite (lit 1, lit 2, lit 3 and lit 4), and growing wall (up/down/left/right) and growing steel (up/down/left/right). You placed growing wall/steel which grows when empty space is available (like Boulder Dash). I'd like a growing wall/steel which grows only in 4 directions (like DC2): up, down, left and right. I'd like a steel sign (heart) too.
- RND with DC2 support: fix the problem with amoeba (is too fast again)
- look at EMC levels: here exits look like in DC2!
- I didn't check this in RND with DC2 support, so maybe you could check this? We've got these situations:

Legend:
G - any gem
F - falling element (not gem)
A - amoeba
M - mole

G
A
M

In DC2: When a mole eats amoeba, gem falls. Mole stays in the same place.

F
A
M

In DC2: When a mole eats amoeba, he goes into the amoeba place. Falling elemet (not gem) stays in the same place

- in DC2: boulder can't kill a mole. in RND with DC2 support: boulder can kill a mole.
- in DC2: player explosion and mole explosion is 1x1. in RND with DC2 support - 3x3
- in RND with DC2 support: instead of EM gray doors, there are gray doors from 'RND' section!
- in RND with DC2 support: when amoeba speed is 0, it changes into dead amoeba. in DC2 dead amoeba doesn't exist.
- when I run the game (in fullscreen), game screen is moved on the left side and it is stretched! Fix this problem please :)!
- in DC2: when a player touches the light switch, the light switch time is reset. in RND with DC2 support: player can turn the light switch on/off.
- in DC2: conveyor belt speed is the same as speed of the player.
- in DC2: shield and extra time score always is 0 (score for collecting). in RND with DC2 support: score = 10.
- in DC2: shield time, gate time (without game time) etc. is counted in 'moves'. in RND with DC2 support: it's counted in seconds (6 moves = 1 second)
- some EMC levels can't be completed, because RND hasn't got the option: warparound map (I mean: if you are on the top of a level, you can see its bottom). What do you think about that?
- I found a critical bug! We have got this situation:

Legend:
G - growing steel (e.g. left\right)
E - empty space
P - player

E E E
E E P
E G E

Build this, test a level and go to level area where the growing steel won't be visible, ok? Then come back to area where the growing steel is visible. The whole growing steel or its part will change into the wall!

- in DC2: growing wall/steel grows with the same as speed of the player. in RND with DC2 support: a little too slowly
- in DC2: gate and time gate are opened very fast. in RND: a little too slowly
- About 'Time Gate (open)' from DC2 section: What is this object for when the door close at startup? When time gate (close) open for specific time so I suggest that time gate (open) should shut for some time.
- in DC2: player can go to land mine when he has the shield. in RND: player stops when he has the shield and he wants to go to land mine.
- New shortcut: Shift + Left Mouse Button on a 'Text Tool' button: writing steel letters (e.g. 'Space' key - normal steel)

If I wrote something wrong, please post here.

For this time that's all. If I find a bug or sth, I'll write about it :).
Last edited by m&m on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
RAP

Re: RND 3.2.4 (and not only)

Post by RAP »

m&m wrote:...- in RND with DC2 support: instead of EM gray doors, there are gray doors from 'RND' section!...
Err... That bug already is reported by me, nice job on finding these bugs! :)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> - the white key hasn't got the option: score for collecting

Right... Should be corrected.

> - it would be nice if in the right sidebar was the category: white keys (I
> know that there is no more place available, that's why I've got an idea:
> Holger, delete texts (like: emeralds, time, score). Small pictures are
> enough (e.g. for 'needed gems to complete level' - emerald). Maybe there
> could be status for keys 5-8 too?

This could be done with a modified panel artwork for DC2 levels. (The next version will allow for lots of panel customizations, including adding displays for the white key and keys 5-8. A modified artwork set could then be selected as the default artwork for DC2 sets.)

> - in DC2: all Yam Yams direction are going up at start. in RND with DC2
> support: all Yam Yams direction are going... random!

Good point!

> - 9 elements are missing: [...]

Right; it's still not complete yet...

> I'd like a steel sign (heart) too.

It's already contained in the engine (try a DC2 set with that element), but not yet available in the level editor.

> - RND with DC2 support: fix the problem with amoeba (is too fast again)

Yep, this has to be fixed.

> - look at EMC levels: here exits look like in DC2!

Do you mean the graphical appearance or the behaviour when passing the exit?

> - I didn't check this in RND with DC2 support, so maybe you could check
> this? We've got these situations:
[more engine differences]

Yes, these are a lot of examples of engine differences... I hope to get at least some of these issues sorted out some day.

> - New shortcut: Shift + Left Mouse Button on a 'Text Tool' button: writing
> steel letters (e.g. 'Space' key - normal steel)

Good idea!
m&m

Post by m&m »

About the exits: I mean the graphical appearance (e. g. select "Emerald Mine (Kingsoft)" levelgroup; maybe it's the fault of my comp ;))

By the way, I've come up with a new idea: What if new CE Action: "Set white keys" was available?

And I can't wait for RND v3.2.4rc2 (and the official version :)). When will RND 3.2.4rc2 be released?

EDIT:

New bug (I'm not sure but this bug was already in previous versions). Build this:

Q S S
E D P

Q - any quicksand (slow or fast) with a rock
S - sand
E - empty space
D - any door (without doors from 'RND' section). You can build also the tube from 'Supaplex' section
P - player

Press 'Enter" to test and press 'Left arrow' key at start. Player will be found in the door! (or will be hidden in the tube).
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> - the white key hasn't got the option: score for collecting

At least this one is fixed now...