IntelliDraw

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

IntelliDraw

Post by Zomis »

The new IntelliDraw has a bug with drawing acid. When you draw the acid elements with the rectangular tool, only the top-level or bottom-level elements will be drawn. And when using acid IntelliDraw with other tools, it's also strange behavior. Seems like you must draw in a specific pattern (start in one corner, go horizontal, go 1 step up/down, go horizontal again) to get expected results - and not even that works always.

Edit: Oh, I see. You need to use the outline rectangle. Well, I think it should work with filled rectangle too.

And oh, shouldn't IntelliDraw also work with the new 2 different kinds of DC2 steel walls? And maybe also the RND blue arrows? (EL_ARROW_LEFT...) - draw connected items so that the arrow is pointing at the direction where the mouse came from. For example, draw arrows on a line from top to bottom and they will all be EL_ARROW_UP elements.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> The new IntelliDraw has a bug with drawing acid. When you draw the acid
> elements with the rectangular tool, only the top-level or bottom-level
> elements will be drawn.

Yeah, right... That's due to how it's implemented. It's indeed a quick hack. ;-)

> Edit: Oh, I see. You need to use the outline rectangle. Well, I think it should
> work with filled rectangle too.

You're right, of course. I've mainly tested it with normal drawing, line drawing and outline rectangle drawing. The main reason for the current behaviour is that it was mainly only done for simple/connected item drawing. To make it perfect, it would require separate code for the combination of each editor tool and each "element group" (like acid pool elements), which is quite a lot.

For the acid pool, it should work if you start with the corner that is made of the current drawing element.

> And oh, shouldn't IntelliDraw also work with the new 2 different kinds of
> DC2 steel walls?

Yep -- that's not yet implemented, as the DC2 steel walls may not yet be complete (it's already all elements from DC2, but logically there are a few wall types missing, which would make IntelliDraw easier and more useful for that type of elements).

> And maybe also the RND blue arrows? (EL_ARROW_LEFT...) - draw
> connected items so that the arrow is pointing at the direction where the
> mouse came from. For example, draw arrows on a line from top to bottom
> and they will all be EL_ARROW_UP elements.

Good idea! But I think you meant the other way round -- let the arrows point in the direction you're drawing to, or am I wrong?
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Holger wrote:let the arrows point in the direction you're drawing to [...]
That sounds better.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.