Zomis

Increase CE value with condition 0 seconds

Post by Zomis »

CE
Change: No change
Condition: Delay 0 seconds / 0 frames
Action: Set CE Value + 1
Result: Nothing

It works with change to <self>, and "use last ce value after change" though, but the above I consider a bug. "Delay 1 frames" isn't the same though. The CE value is (or should be) increased twice as fast with "Delay 0 frames"/"Delay 0 seconds".
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

This is probably a bug (not checked yet, but I assume that it behaves just as described), although there really is no "delay of 0 frames" in the game engine. This could be seen as a bug by itself: All delay values are in fact one higher than specified (a delay of 0 frames is really a delay of 1 frame, a delay of 1 frame is really a delay of 2 frames, and so on).

So, using a delay of "0" in the above example should also work (being in fact a delay of "1"). I have no idea why it does not work, but I'll check this. (Also in this case, a bug tracker would come in handy: It would get a status like "reported, but not yet verified/checked", and later "verified, but not yet fixed", which would be better than searching for the exact status in forum posts.)