Linux - Game won problem

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

edb

Linux - Game won problem

Post by edb »

Running RnD 3.2.3 SDL under Fedora Core 5 on an Athlon XP box.
RnD was yum installed from the fedora repository, not compiled from source.

When you finish the game level and enter into the door,
you see the score increase for the unused time,
but it does not automatically advance to the "hall of fame" screen
nor does it consider the level complete like it does in the windows version.
This seems to be the case regardless of the game or level.

Is it a real bug?
Or did I forget a setting or configuration switch?

Thanks
Ed
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Hello and Welcome to the forum!

I don't know what you mean by "consider the level complete", but I think that recently, there was a change in the level completed-code. So that nowadays you have to press a key to go to the Hall of Fame. It's the same in the Windows version for me.

But I don't know what you mean by condsidering levels complete or not. RnD doesn't know which levels has been solved or not. Maybe you mean that there's no tape saved? When finishing a level, a solution tape is saved which can be replayed. There's an option for that in the setup. I think it's called "Auto-record".
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Welcome to the forum, edb! :-)

Yes, pressing a key (space or something like that) should help here! :-)

This small change (which was introduced to allow to see what happens after finishing a level) seems to be a major usability problem, as many users don't expect that they have to press a key to advance to the Hall of Fame. I will therefore take this change back to the old behaviour.

I think that "completing a level" is just meant that way here.
edb

Post by edb »

Thank you all for the replies.
And please accept my apologies for not being clear in my description of the problem.

What I meant by "consider the level complete" was when I finally got back to the main screen after successfully completing a level, the number on the line labeled "levelset" did not automatically increment to the next level. I had to increment the level counter manually. Of course I was having to click on the square "stop" button to get back to the main screen.

Now that I know about pressing any key to continue, the problem is not a problem anymore. I am certain that as users become aware of this new behavior, it won't be a problem for them either.

Holger, Zomis, I thank you both again for the replies.
BTW, RnD is still a great game platform. Well done.

Ed