EMC Level bugs

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Martijn

EMC Level bugs

Post by Martijn »

I thought: let's start a topic about bugs in the new EMC collection, which uses the Emerald Mine engine.

#1: Marathon Mine 1 - level 1: the amoebas don't grow!
#2: Downunder Mine 17 - level 1: the butterflies have to be teleported to the other side!
#3: The levels can be finished without collecting the required number of emeralds. For example: Super Mine level 1.
#4: Kunder 2 - Level 0: The androids blink! Is that normal?
#5: Fun Mine 1 - Level 1: Cannot be solved, you need one more emerald.
#6: Boulder Dash C64 1,2,3,4 - Level 6: The amoebas don't change into emeralds! (The level can still be solved, but not in the offical way.)
#7: Junior Ice Mine 1 - Level 11: On a certain moment, when the explosion is out of sight, the explosion sound stops (it fades out), which is quite normal. But you hear the single sound file that is played out and this sounds as if the explosion can't go any further. It should keep looping the sound while it's still playing and then fade out while it's still looping the sound, so while it's still as an explosion sequence!
#8: No One Mine 18 - Level 0: it should be possible to get the the other side when there is no wall on the level border!

And something else:
Tool Disk v6.03 doesn't really belong to the EMC collection... it's not really playable (especially when there are no exits...)!
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
RAP

Re: EMC Level bugs

Post by RAP »

Martijn wrote: ...The androids blink! Is that normal?...
...it should be possible to get the the other side when there is no wall on the level border!
When the android moves dingnolly, it blinks when moving that way...

And yes, its possible that you can go to the other side just like BD4 that I used
to play nearly 2 and a half years ago... 8)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

#9: in level 5 of Spooky Mine 10 there appeared an empty space in the wall to the left when I finished the level.

RAP

Post by RAP »

Martijn wrote:#9: in level 5 of Spooky Mine 10 there appeared an empty space in the wall to the left when I finished the level.
Maybe it one of the tape issuses when your playing a EMC level instead of
an RnD level made in an EMC level, I saw a lot of those things around the
border... (really...) :)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

#10: Einstein Mine 24 - level 1: the right wall is a steel wall and it can explode? Maybe the same issue, indeed.

HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

Another issue.
If you want to create a EMC level - only with the EMC elements in the editor, you just see some question marks!
e.g. for the firefly or yamyam
And the answer is ... 42 !
asiekierka

Post by asiekierka »

Stupid.
Question marks mean there is no such element in Emerald Mine!

But that don't happened for me in prerelease versions :lol: .
GraphicsPack project: 90%
IconXT project: 100% (version final is ready)
HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

Ah, sorry.
I mean the firefly, butterfly from the "BD" editor elements.
Seams this not exists in Emerald Mine engine.
And the answer is ... 42 !
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

That's right. Fireflies, Butterflies and Yamyams (the ones that can start in random directions) are not part of the EMC engine and therefore replaced by question marks.

This should probably directly be displayed in the level editor.
RAP

Post by RAP »

#11: Baby Ghost Mine - Level 77: Unable to reach the exit because of the time limit...
(Darn, I'm almost beat that levelset!)
dave

Post by dave »

And yes, its possible that you can go to the other side just like BD4 that I used
to play nearly 2 and a half years ago... 8)
going to the other side requires my new EMC engine (and it makes lots of caves possible)

dave
dave

Post by dave »

Martijn wrote:I thought: let's start a topic about bugs in the new EMC collection, which uses the Emerald Mine engine.
[...]
#5: Fun Mine 1 - Level 1: Cannot be solved, you need one more emerald.
[...]
this is indeed a bug in rocksndiamonds that breaks many caves, see an explanation: viewtopic.php?p=11742#11742

this works fine in http://www.emeraldmines.net/?emeraldx11 for many years now.

holger is expert enough to know the fatal flaws in emerald mine viewtopic.php?p=12700#12700 and to add fake acid viewtopic.php?p=12593#12593 so fixing this should be no problem.
RAP

Post by RAP »

Just started playing RnD again, now attempting to tackle on Emerald Mine 3 (Kingsoft).

But there's an error in [Level 25]. In that level, your task is to collect 180 gems, and go to the exit to complete the level. But in all, it's impossible. I used up all the BUGS at the bottom of the playfield (resulting in collecting 88 gems, with 92 of them left), but how the heck can I get the DIAMONDS that are stacked next to the BOMBS in the right side of the playfield. How can I?

*marks level incorrectly read*
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

RAP wrote:But there's an error in [Level 25]. In that level, your task is to collect 180 gems, and go to the exit to complete the level. But in all, it's impossible. I used up all the BUGS at the bottom of the playfield (resulting in collecting 88 gems, with 92 of them left), but how the heck can I get the DIAMONDS that are stacked next to the BOMBS in the right side of the playfield. How can I?

*marks level incorrectly read*
I think that the diamonds are a huge red herring.

I suggest first blowing up the bombs/diamonds and clearing under the magic wall. Then realease the bugs so they travel to the amoeba and explode, dropping the emeralds into the magic wall. This way you can get 240 emeralds' worth. :)

(Random diversion: If this were Boulder Dash, you could simply wait until the amoeba grew past 200 squares, after which it would turn into rocks, making it easy to convert the remaining needed diamonds. :lol: )
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
dave

Post by dave »

RTADash wrote:I think that the diamonds are a huge red herring.

I suggest first blowing up the bombs/diamonds and clearing under the magic wall. Then realease the bugs so they travel to the amoeba and explode, dropping the emeralds into the magic wall. This way you can get 240 emeralds' worth. :)
yep, just solved it, thats the right technique.
but you only get 21 points for each bug (8 diamonds minus 1 that gets squashed by the stone) so you still need some diamonds from the bomb stack.