Writing Sequential Files

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

r'n'd fan!!

Writing Sequential Files

Post by r'n'd fan!! »

Well, I was thinking about r'n'd the other day, and I thought "Hey, what if I could find a way to save data in my levels!" Then I started to wonder how that would be possible. The only thing I could think of is if you could write to text files and then load from them. :idea: You are able to do that in every other programming language I have used in the past! :) Anyway, if someone could start working on that, it'd save me soooooo much trouble in the future! :D
Anonycat

Re: Writing Sequential Files

Post by Anonycat »

We do have F1 and F2 keys. What those do is save and load replay data accounting for all the level progress so far, to be picked up when you want to resume trying
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

To be honest, I have no idea what exactly you are thinking of. Could you please describe what you have in mind?

Do you mean something like F1/F2 level state loading/saving as Anonycat mentioned?
r'n'd fan!!

Post by r'n'd fan!! »

No, what I meant was more writing text to text files that the next level can read. Like if you finished the previous level with 10 dynamites, then it could write "10" and then the next level will read "10" and start the player with an inventory of 10 dynamites. Sorry that I wasn't clear before.