Element configuration idea

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Freezepond

Element configuration idea

Post by Freezepond »

I thought of this not that long ago, a new configuration option for the "eating" kind of creatures. In the configuations tab for the elements Yam Yam, Dark Yam Yam, Pac-man, Mole, Pig, and any other element that can "eat" other elements, there could be a place to put an element, or maybe a list of elements that it can eat when running into. So, you could make a Pac-man eat Biomaze or a Yam Yam collect dynamite.

Here is how I imagine the interface:

If the player doesn't change the content, it is at default. Yam-Yams eat diamonds, Pac-Men eat amoeba, Dark Yam Yams eat pretty much everything...
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Element configuration idea

Post by Holger »

In fact, I've thought about such an option by myself already in the past.

But then I came to the conclusion that it maybe does not make that much sense, as the player of a level including a certain kind of (standard) element has some expectations on how this element behaves. Besides that, all this and a lot more is possible just using custom elements -- you not even have to draw graphics/animations or define custom artwork config files. (Just for testing, I've just created a custom element that looks and moves like a pac man and that eats emeralds, diamonds and sand (using a group element containing these three elements) and kills the player just like the real pac man. Try it, it's easy!)