Limited Rocks and Diamonds port for PPC and PalmOS

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

I play on a VGA screen ( I use Windows, which AFAIK always uses VGA ), and it works fine for me.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Ïðèâåò DiPal.
Ó ìåíÿ òîæå ïðîáëåìû ñ Fujitsu-Siemens Loox N560 ñ VGA-ýêðàíîì. Ïðè ñêðîëèíãå äèêî ïàäàåò FPS - ïðîñòî íåâîçìîæíî èãðàòü. Ìîæíî ýòî êàê-òî ïîôèêñèòü?
Ñïàñèáî çà èãðó!

english:

Greetings DiPal.
I have problems on Fujitsu-Siemens Loox N560 with VGA-display too. At scrolling FPS strongly falls - it is impossible to play. Is possible to fix it?
Thanks for game!
Gokuu

Post by Gokuu »

Hello

Being a huge fan of Supaplex, it was wonderful finding this game that allows me to play it again.

Better yet, finding out that it has been ported to Windows Mobile.

I copied it to my SD card, and it runs ok, the only problem is, I don't know how to get a new levelset in the game.

I've tried lots of ways, but when I click "Change Levelset", nothing happens.

Can anyone help me with this? (I'm playing on a Qtek S200, Windows Mobile 5)

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind... I don't know why I didn't start by leaving the original zip file intact :)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Hi Gokuu,
you can find additional levelsets in the official site of RnD:
http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/levels.html

Once downloaded, you have to unpack the levels into a folder in your RnD installation. You can find more details in the documentation, reachable from the site linked above.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
quink

Re: Limited Rocks and Diamonds port for PPC and PalmOS

Post by quink »

Hi,
first very big thankx for Rock n Diamond for PPC !!!!!
But i have a problem, the download version on your hp:
http://paltch.at.tut.by/
is in the PPC Version for a screen with 240 × 320 Pixel, on my old Casio PPC its work fine. But on my smartphone its only 240×240 Pixel i can' not
play the game, the scrolling is the problem.

Can you edit your source of rock n diamond for 240x240 Pixel and send me this fix version or send me the source of your 240 × 320 Pixel PPC Version?

Greets
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

First of all, nice to see that "RoNDi" (R'n'D ported to PDA devices by "DiPal") is still around -- it was released many years ago, and I'm afraid that there are no new versions for current devices available.

But at least I've had a look into my R'n'D archives, and I've found a version of the source code from 2004, which I have attached to this post. Unfortunately, I cannot really answer questions about it, as I've never build it or had a closer look to it. (But I've tested the game on my old Palm V back then, which worked/played quite fine!)

For those people with a newer smartphone (or tablet) running Android, there will be an Android version available of R'n'D in the near future (without the limitations of RoNDi, like missing custom elements). (I'm currently working on it, and it already runs quite fine on my S4 mini, but it still needs a lot of polishing to be really playable, especially the screen size and the game controls, which are joystick/keyboard based in the currently available ports, which is not well suited for touch devices.)
Attachments
RoNDi_srcs.zip
RoNDi source code of 2004-08-20
(214.92 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
quink

Post by quink »

Hi,
da du deutsch spricht frag ich mal auf deutsch.
Erstmal nen dickes Danke für den source, auf den ersten Blick ist das der Source für den Palm. Die Frage nun inwieweit Unterschiede zum sourcecode für den PPC bestehen (und welche Bildschirmauflösung der Palm hat auf dem der source läuft?).
Das nächste, worum es ja geht ist die Bildschirmauflösung. Ich hatte gedacht beim Bildschirmaufbau steht "nur" einfach was von 240 × 320 drin und das wäre "mal eben" zu ändern auf "240×240". Problem 1, ich finde die Stelle nicht, wo beim Bildschirmaufbau die Größe des Bildschirms definiert wird. Problem 2, ich steige durch den source nicht durch, zu viele Queraufrufe durch die main.c und so im Endeffekt zu viele einzelne .c Dateien ...

Zum compelieren da wirds klarer, mit gcc und vermutlich gibts da ne Crosserweiterung für den Palm, gibts die auch für den PPC? Das man den source also da einfach durchlaufen lassen kann?

Das Rock n Diamond bald für den Android raus kommt freut mich!! Dein Rock n Diamond ist und bleibt die beste Boulderdash/Emeraldmine Umsetzung seit den alten Tagen vom C64 und dem Amiga. Leider spricht die neue handygeneartion nicht mehr WinCe sondern es läuft auf Android raus (das in meinen Augen zwar weit entfernt von einem richtigen Betriebssystem ist weil es nur ein abgespecktes Linux ist mit einen App versauten Oberfläche), aber was so ist ist halt so.
Denkt bitte nur daran wenn ihr das für Android umsetzt es auch den verschiedenen Bildschirmauflösungen anzubieten, vom Android Handy bis um Mini Tabelt bis zum DinA4 Tablet, zig verschiedene Versionen und Bildschirmauflösungen gibt es da.
Auf jeden Fall wird die Android Version von Rock n Diamond der Grund sein mit endlich mal nen Tablet zu kaufen :-) (wobei sich die Frage stellt wie man Rock n Diamond auf nem Tablet überhaupt steuern kann ohne Joystick-Pin)

Hast du eigentlich ne email von "DiPal" der die PPC Version erstellt hat und kannst ihn mal anschreiben wegen der PPC source oder ob erst umstricken kann auf 240×240 Pixel.
Viele Grüße
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hello quink!

Although I am indeed German speaking, this is not a German forum! Please only write in English here, so everybody can read it!

If you want to write in German, you can of course send a personal message to me (either by e-mail (which I prefer) or as a private forum message).

Could you please be so kind and either translate your forum post to English (so others, especially DiPal, can take part) or remove it from here and send it directly to me (although I cannot say much about the PPC/WinCE port of R'n'D by DiPal). I just don't want other forum members to be alienated by forum posts they cannot read.

Thank you very much in advance! :-)