Dynamite timing

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

jm28121977

Dynamite timing

Post by jm28121977 »

Hello everyone, particularly Holger. I love what you've done with Rocks 'n' Diamonds - it's an amazing piece of software.

I recently got a new computer and installed RnD on it but have noticed that the latest version deals with dynamite differently, in that you have to hold the key for longer to drop it, then it explodes quicker than it used to, making it harder to get away. This is fine for me, but my 3-year-old now can't lay dynamite without dying! I was wondering if there could be an option to set the time between dropping and explosion (sorry if it's already there but I've missed it) or if it could go back to the old functionality. If not, please can you let me know which previous version I should download to get the easier dynamite dropping?

Best wishes
Jamie x
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Dynamite timing

Post by Holger »

Hello Jamie x, and welcome to the forum! :-)

Regarding dynamite timing: Sorry for causing confusion -- maybe I should have mentioned this in the release notes: I have just re-ordered a few elements in the level editor (to make it more consistent with the game element section names like "BD", "EM" or "RND"), but did not change any game engine behaviour!

So what you're effectively looking for is "dynamite" (which is the "RND style" one), but not "dynamite (EM style)" (which is the dynamite element with the element behaviour of the EM (Emerald Mine) game engine).

Before, "dynamite" was in the "EM" element section (which was wrong, because this kind of dynamite cannot be used in the EM game engine), while the "EM style" dynamite was in the "EMC" element section.

Now, "dynamite" is in the "RND" section and "dynamite (EM style)" is in the "EM" section, just as it should be.

Sorry again for confusing two long-time R'n'D players! So just use the "dynamite" from the "RND" element section in your levels, and all will be fine again and behave just like before! So hopefully also your 3-year-old will have lots of fun with easy-to-use dynamite again! :-)

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you or your child should have any remaining problem with the latest version of R'n'D, and I will be happy to help out. :)
jm28121977

Re: Dynamite timing

Post by jm28121977 »

Hi Holger

Thank you so much for replying so promptly. Everything you said makes sense. My son will be happy again! RND dynamite is the best dynamite there is!

Best wishes
Jamie x