Introduction

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Begasus

Introduction

Post by Begasus »

Hello all, my name is Luc Schrijvers, known as Begasus in the BeOS/ZETA/Haiku world, I've been looking into getting things to work for Haiku, so far things are working fine and RocknDiamonds is doing great.
We have already the version 4.0.0.1 in our depot that can easily be installed through commandline or through our applicition installer "HaikuDepot"
Working on a recipe for version 4.0.0.2 atm (https://github.com/Begasus/haikuports/c ... 91c02f2e52), these recipes can be used to build RocksnDiamonds with our haikuporter tool from Terminal.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by Holger »

Hello Luc, welcome to the forum! :-)

I've already seen that there are some patches out there for making Rocks'n'Diamonds work on Haiku, but as I cannot test it by myself (no Haiku system available for testing), I haven't integrated them into the main code base of R'n'D yet. (And if I remember correctly, they looked a little bit to "quick'n'dirty" to me, with some hard-coded paths etc., so I haven't added them but instead though I might better wait for somebody to send in some "official" Haiku patches, known to work for somebody with "hands on" Haiku experience.)

Most issues seemed to be with things like config file positions etc., so I'll jump over to your second post and continue there. :-)