all diamond caves 2 levels, download link?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

emeraldminer

all diamond caves 2 levels, download link?

Post by emeraldminer »

i cant find any links for diamond caves 2 levels. anyone got them and can send them to me?

and i have another problem, the contributions levels are running to fast, how can i make it normal speed? in options its already normal speed
Holger
Site Admin

Re: all diamond caves 2 levels, download link?

Post by Holger »

Hello emeraldminer, welcome to the R'n'D forum!

> i cant find any links for diamond caves 2 levels. anyone got them and can send them to me?

Are you looking for the original Diamond Caves II levels (to be played in DC2), or for converted levels that can be played in R'n'D? (In fact they don't need conversion, as R'n'D can load and play the original DC2 level format, but they need some wrapping with "levelinfo.conf" file etc. to be recognized by R'n'D.)

> and i have another problem, the contributions levels are running to fast,
> how can i make it normal speed? in options its already normal speed

If you are speaking of pre-year-2000 levels, most of them indeed have the player moving at double speed (which is sometimes a bit hard to control). This is due to the fact that pre-historic versions of R'n'D (from the nineties) had the player moving significantly faster than the enemies in the default configuration (and there was only that default configuration, as the player's moving speed cound not be changed in the level editor yet). It was not exactly twice as fast as the monsters, but came close to it, so later versions of R'n'D (which changed the game engine to same movement speed of friends and foes) used the "double than normal" movement speed for all levels from that era.

If this really bothers you, you can change in in the level editor, of course, but this may render some levels impossible, as some of these levels rely on the fact that the player can outrun the enemies...
emeraldminer

Post by emeraldminer »

Hey,

Yes i'm looking for all the levels in .dc2 format. i want to play them in Rn'D. i had them on cd with original DC2 but it is not readable anymore and i tried the official site but Peter removed the DC2 section =(

Thank you very much in advance for your answer
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

No problem -- this is the last version of the site before the levels in DC2 format were removed:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050425204 ... roup.shtml

(Use "server #1" for download of zip archives containing the dc2 format level groups.)