Help me, how to do this?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

turrican00

Help me, how to do this?

Post by turrican00 »

i want to play with resolution 1280 x 1024 full screen to see the level without scrolling (diamond caves II & 3 style) is it possible?

if not, is there other free boulderdash game that use all emerld mine club levels that support all level view on screen?

sorry for bad english

ps. very good game good developers
dave

Re: Help me, how to do this?

Post by dave »

turrican00 wrote:if not, is there other free boulderdash game that use all emerld mine club levels that support all level view on screen?
yep, i made a trivial change to the code and will build a version with the window as big as a level. i will upload shortly:
http://www.emeraldmines.net/?emeraldx11
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

R'n'D currently does not support such large screen resolutions, but has a fixed playfield size of 17x17 tiles. Unfortunately, changing this is not as easy as it is with the game "Emerald Mine for X11" as mentioned by dave, because there are many level sets with custom artwork like Snake Bite or Zelda for R'n'D, which would suffer from such a change (if done generically).

Nevertheless, one of the next versions of R'n'D will support larger screen and playfield sizes, most probably as a feature of the graphic set used. This way, existing artwork will keep its size, but properly prepared (new or adjusted) artwork would make this feature available for level sets where it's applicable (like the Emerald Mine Club level collection).

Until then (and if you're only interested in Emerald Mine levels), using dave's quickly patched "Emerald Mine for X11" instead of R'n'D for large playfield sizes is a good solution!