Authentic original emerald mine

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Dark

Authentic original emerald mine

Post by Dark »

Hello.

I've just downloaded the emerald mine club levels, and I do rather like the original amigar graffics and such. I was wondering, is there a level set containing the original 101 emerald mine levels which uses them, as I'd really like to play the original game in all it's glory (I missed it first time around on the Amigar).

Obviously, sinse all the Emm levels are in the classic games directory, if it would either take a lot of work to put in the original graffics etc, or it's not technically possible at the momen, that's fine as all the levels are stil perfectly playable in the usual Rnd style.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm unfortunately one of those people who plays games, but only has a fairly general idea as to how they work.
Last edited by Dark on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

As you already have the original Emerald Mine Club collection, just select the level set "Emerald Mine (Kingsoft)" -- this is the original game that started it all! :-)

The classic section of the main R'n'D game does not contain the original levels and graphics of original Emerald Mine for various reasons, but only converted versions of the original levels.

So, the level sets marked with "Kingsoft" in the EMC collection are the original Amiga games, with original levels, graphics, sounds and title music of the classic game (and also nearly original game engine and gameplay)! :-)
Dark

Post by Dark »

Thanks, I'll go and find it.

apart from the game itself, it's really nice to have a %99 authentic Amigar game without all the horrors of emulation to go through.