Strange problem with my computer + R'n'D

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Gavin

Strange problem with my computer + R'n'D

Post by Gavin »

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out on this one 'cause it has me stumped.

When I play RnD on my desktop I have no probs.

But when I play RnD on my Toshiba laptop (win xp home), and play a level which plays a midi file, all the audio goes to the left speaker. I click on the audio button on the taskbar and find the "SW Synth" balance has all gone to the left. When I close down RnD it doesn't go back to normal.

It has also happened when I play computer games made with GameMaker. And sometimes the SW Synth volume gets turned right down.

Weird eh?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I suggest you update your drivers for the soundcard

What happens if you try to set the balance/volume back to normal?
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

If I move the slider back to normal it stays there. Until I play a midi level on RnD again...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

As this also happens with other programs, it doesn't seem to be R'n'D related... Or does GameMaker maybe also use SDL? Don't think so... (As far as I know, it uses DirectX -- DirectSound here -- directly.)
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Do you have this problem with any other MIDI file programs and even after you reboot the computer? If so, try this:

:arrow: Try playing a MIDI file that specifically plays MIDI on both speakers instead of taking the default PAN setting.
:arrow: Then try playing R'n'D again.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.