Thunderbidd and AVG locking up????

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

cffdrnkr

Thunderbidd and AVG locking up????

Post by cffdrnkr »

Just finished reformatting my hard drive and reinstalled Rocks 'n' Diamonds, 3.1.1, however whenever I close the game and check my email, thunderbird opens, AVG scans and scans and scans. When I restart the computer, open thunderbird, AVG scans and my mail pops right up.

I play RND for a while, then check my email, again, and the same thing happens. Restart and everything works fine.

Checked the system for spyware, adware and viruses...nothing found.

Haven't a clue what could be causing the conflict. All suggestions are welcomed.

Don't like restarting everytime I finish playing RND to check email.

Thanks in advance for any help. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you.

My system is Win XP SP2, 1 gig RAM, 1.7 processor P4, 64 MB Video card. Reformatted was due to a messed up registry. Someone tried to help me and deleted the wrong keys. Lesson learned.

Bill
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Even though this sounds very strange, I do not think that RnD itself is causing that problem

Maybe you should check your AVG (or Thunderbird) settings. RnD contains thousands of small *.level files, so maybe AVG has a problem scanning them all, although my installation of F-Secure has no problems with it.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

I've never had problems like that, even if I have more or less the same configuration (AVG, Thunderbird, XP sp2 and so on).

You could try installing the latest releases of each program (RnD included). Maybe it could fix the problem.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
cffdrnkr

Post by cffdrnkr »

Thanks for the tips. Will check for updates.