What should I work on?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

What should I work on?

RNDFA
No votes
RNDDB
25%
New CE Technologies
25%
New levels or game styles
50%

Total votes: 8

Zomis

What should I work on?

Post by Zomis »

Ok everybody, please help me decide what to work on...
Note that each of these options has tons of subalternatives, there's much to do on RNDFA, much much much to do on RNDDB, and thousands of new CE Technologies could be possible, and hundreds of game styles that could be implemented in RND.

But to list a few of these subalternatives...
RNDFA - E-mail notifications and reports, more options about displaying tables
RNDDB - Better User Interface, fix some bugs, Online/Synchronized Databases (maybe with voting and comment possibilities), maybe also another attempt of developing for Linux.
New CE Technologies - there's much stuff that could be here...
New levels or game styles - Rockfighter, Chip's Challenge, Solomon's Key 2 (aka. Fire'n'Ice), Adventure of Lolo, and maybe more...
Alan

Post by Alan »

Make a levelset from scratch, maybe Solomon's Key 2 (you're overdue one btw ;-) )
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

The problem with me and making levelsets from scratch can be said in one word: Graphics. As some maybe have noticed, I've never released a complete levelset, only some CE Technqiues which makes creations of new level styles possible. And I've just released a couple of "real" levels, like Advanced Minesweeper.
But if I somehow can get some good graphics for Solomon's Key 2, then it will probably come into RND one day :) But there's still some CE Techniques needed to implement it as well... oh well... But making a complete levelset would be a nice challenge :)

And I forgot to mention about RNDDB - one of the subalternatives is CE Scripting.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

I voted for the RnDDB, as the CE scripting would be really useful.

By the way, since you seem to be interested in, you could also spend some time playing around with graphic editing programs. As many other things, it is really easy to start with - but even really hard to master ;)

I am just a pre-beginner, novice graphic designer, but I think it shouldn't be hard to get something nice, with some effort. And you could always ask Alan for some hints/tricks ;)
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Francesco wrote:I voted for the RnDDB, as the CE scripting would be really useful.
So you don't care about the Database stuff?
Francesco wrote:By the way, since you seem to be interested in, you could also spend some time playing around with graphic editing programs.
Yeah... maybe... got any tips of which programs?
Alan

Post by Alan »

The problem with me and making levelsets from scratch can be said in one word: Graphics
Don't you still have the SK2 graphics I sent you ages ago? All you'll have to do is a bit of conf editing and CE making (the fun bit IMO)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Hey Zomis, I never said that the DB stuff isn't useful or such... and as for the things said by Alan, did you really forgot that he sent you a graphics' set? Whoa... I would almost pay to have a custom graphics' pack for one of my levelsets...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Alan wrote:Don't you still have the SK2 graphics I sent you ages ago? All you'll have to do is a bit of conf editing and CE making (the fun bit IMO)
Yeah, I think I have them around here... (I got 3 computers now and I'm not putting much effort in synchronizing stuff between them... but I think I know which one of the computers has it..). I like CE making the most, I haven't made any confs for real graphics set before... but sometime has to be the first I guess :)
Francesco wrote:Hey Zomis, I never said that the DB stuff isn't useful or such... and as for the things said by Alan, did you really forgot that he sent you a graphics' set? Whoa... I would almost pay to have a custom graphics' pack for one of my levelsets...
Well, that's true you didn't say that... but I'm just wondering how much the database itself would be used or not.. since the ideas I have for RNDDB is quite big..
Actually... I did forget about those pictures :oops: It was a long time ago since I thought about SK2 since it needed more CE Techniques, but maybe there could be more progress on it now...

We'll see what the future may bring...
RAP

Post by RAP »

I picked CE technologies because theres endless possibities in the game you
can make like a Ice Block (that I'm working on) and other elements from
other games (or boulderdash games)...