Time limit setting (Splitted)

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I'd like to know what he thinks about my extention of Zomis' idea,
> which should be also really easy to implement.

It's not too hard to implement it, but I'm not sure if it's not going a bit too far -- automatically changing the level time limit in the editor (maybe after you started testing and then forgot about it, running out of time then) may sometimes not be what you really want.

> By the way, nothing changed in 3.2.0 about this, isn't it?

Yep, right -- I really had to do that code freeze, else 3.2.0 still wouldn't be released... ;-)

But it should be no problem to do that for 3.2.1.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Mmm, yes, that could happen... ... let's see, what about the following?
I start testing, the time reaches the limit, I am asked whether I want to go on, then I finish the level and I'm asked if I want the time limit to be set ;)

Of course, these are only refinations of a comfortable - but not indispensable - option.

The indispensable thing is the overriding of that "no time limit" option in the editor, but you don't need to be convinced for this ;)
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

I just played veysiorak's levelset and there were again two levels with a time limit of 100 seconds which can't be solved in that time.
So it's still a common problem.

I suggest to set the default time limit to 0 in new releases until a better solution is implemented, just as a temporary workaround.

And the final solution could be just a message only in the level creator when the time is over (ignoring the time limit setting in setup):
"time is up, continue, yes/no?"

I do NOT like the idea of automatically changing the time limit ...