Level Sketch V2

Discussion around programming R'n'D, its source code and its tools.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Alan

Level Sketch V2

Post by Alan »

Features:

Save and load sketches.

Export a sketch as a Rocks'n'Diamonds playable cave.

Extract sketches from the forum. It can scan a page for multiple sketches and save each one separately. These can be then converted into RND caves with just a few clicks! (not tested in Firefox or Opera, sorry)

Supports normal sketches and the new 16x16 mini sketches!

Element palette is now updatable, so new RNDs elements can be added if needed.

Better drawing using all three mouse buttons (like RNDs editor), ctrl key for eye dropping, floodfill, quick border and better sketch sizing.

Still Windows only though...
LS2 - Stand Alone 80k
LS2 - With installer 1.6MB
Alan

Post by Alan »

Ahhh gee wiz, I thought somebody had a question for LS2.........but it's some spam bitch.....

"Beady", I'm not actually advertising LS2, it's something I wrote for the forum users, for free.

Could a mod delete this ad please? (and maybe the user to ;-) )

[edit by Flumminator]
quote of spam deleted (as the spam post itself)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Come buy your pizzas at marios pizza shop! just down the road from STOP ADVERTISING, NOONE REALLY CARES
*cough* anyhow, i still think the forum could do with some questions of some sort before members are made official.

Look this is just getting on my nerves now, the last 6 or so members who joined up are basically advertisements for the same websites...
Alan

Post by Alan »

i still think the forum could do with some questions of some sort before members are made official
I noticed most of the spammers have numbers in their name, probably because they don't check the member list and want to join quickly.

That's a good start for a filter........
the last 6 or so members who joined up are basically advertisements for the same websites...
In fact the last page in the member list is all spammers (the ones with websites that is)......... I wonder why this forum is targeted so much?
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Actually, I kind of hope they continue to advertise here, my list of blocked websites can only grow larger due to their stupidity.

Oh and while your at it, just PM me an entire list of websites would you? Then I can just block them all without you having to post every now and again.
Flumminator

Post by Flumminator »

Spam post deleted.

> I wonder why this forum is targeted so much?
I have no idea how much other forums are targeted. But compared to the spam amount in my mailbox this is close to nothing

I don't know how automatically these users are created, so I've got no idea how easy this could be avoided.

But let's not forget what this subject was about originally: Alan I tried to test your program, but all I get are 404 errors...
Flumminator->PostCounter += 1;
Alan

Post by Alan »

Alan I tried to test your program, but all I get are 404 errors...
This is amusing (well, not really), I had a good look through the LS source ......and it seemed ok.... I then tried to raise the error number 404 in VB, which is something to do missing dependencies.... hummmm (I don't think VB has that many error numbers to tell the truth)

After a bit of hair pulling out, I realised you ment the HTML error 404 thingy......Missing program! :D

Somebody has been spring cleaning....... :roll: It will be back up later.
Flumminator

Post by Flumminator »

oops.

I've should have been a bit clearer about this... :o
Flumminator->PostCounter += 1;
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Months are passed and Mr. 404 still stays on... :wink:

Hope Alan is going to reactivate the above links, so that I can get the program (and eventually other users too :wink:)
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

Francesco wrote:Months are passed and Mr. 404 still stays on... :wink:

Hope Alan is going to reactivate the above links, so that I can get the program (and eventually other users too :wink:)
Francesco, Holger uploaded it on his site so you can get it here ;)
Seems like Alan celetes his links and images every month or so; that's what happened to Level Sketch, Level Sketch V2, a C++ Monopoly player image in the off-topic section, the Proboards forum - just kidding :D...
But believe me; the 1x2 2x1 and 1x1 levelsketch errors are pretty nasty! :/
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Thank you! :D

Thank you also for the note about its errors, if I'll need to do such small sketches, I'll insert the code manually.
Francesco
Alan

Post by Alan »

ROTFL!

I just noticed these posts! (they where made when I wasn't around to defend myself, which doesn't surprise me)
But believe me; the 1x2 2x1 and 1x1 levelsketch errors are pretty nasty! :/
Good god, what a pair paper dollies you two are! :roll: How do you get through the day? :D :D :D

Here are the "nasty" messages:-
Dumb ass error 1824: Black boxes are for airplanes, not level sketches
Dumb ass error 4322a: A 1x1 level sketch.....are you serious
Doh! Error 125a: Aren't you a little short for a level sketch?
Doh! Error 125b: Aren't you a little thin for a level sketch?
Real hardcore stuff isn't it? :roll: What I find amusing is, you really must be a one of the above for making a 1x1 levelsketch, I put them in because I didn't think anybody would be daft enought to raise the error and see them. You proved me wrong! :roll: :D
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

I'd like to know who should be the other paper dolly... just curious...
Francesco
Alan

Post by Alan »

Very slippery of you, but you know who.
Thank you also for the note about its errors, if I'll need to do such small sketches, I'll insert the code manually.
....rarther then be subjected to such "nasty" error messages. :wink:

I'm not being malicious or anything, I just find it hilarious!
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Well, to be sincere, I knew that. Really slippery of me.

But I should add that, when I posted that message, giving my thanks to Rockford4Ever, I didn't actually try to raise those errors.

I've just considered that as a sincere warning.

I also thought that there was no much sense to use such a program to make so small sketches, but I avoided speaking about it - the issue wasn't worth the time to speak about it.

By the way, calling names as "paper dolly", "dumb ass" and "daft" is not exactly hilarious, it's a bit offending.

Hope this was not your purpose.
Francesco